Classes and Support
Phoenixville Hospital offers consultation to expecting families starting the day you know you're pregnant. Our goal is to help empower you to make the best decisions for you and your family.
- Help you with pre-registration
- Provide a personal tour of our Women’s Health Pavilion
- Prepare you for what to expect—from pregnancy through your hospital stay and beyond—to help you gain confidence with parenting skills
- Offer pre-natal classes and post-partum support groups
- Provide helpful resources and articles
- Guide you in selecting a breast pump, if needed
- Provide nutritional assistance
- Provide access to lactation counselors
A certified lactation consultant instructs families on the lifetime benefits of breastfeeding for baby, mother and family. This class teaches how breast milk is made and proper latching techniques. It also helps to dispel many myths about breastfeeding and discusses when and how to get help, how to continue breastfeeding, and how to manage working and breastfeeding.
Infant/Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
This class reinforces how to prevent emergencies and when to use rescue breathing and CPR. Participants practice on infant and child-sized mannequins and are supervised by a qualified instructor.
Sibling Preparation Class
If you have children between the ages of three and eleven years old who are going to become big brothers or sisters, this class will help them get acquainted with what to expect with a new baby.
For more information, please call: (610) 983-1288