Hospital Thrift Shop Donates $50,000 to Local Groups
The all-volunteer staffed Thrift Shop of Phoenixville Hospital, donated $50,000 to local non-profit organizations this year. Since opening in 1975, the shop has donated $896,000 in its 43 year history of giving back to the community.
A large group of Thrift Shop volunteers, community members, and Hospital Leaders attended the donation ceremony and the reception that followed.
Thrift Shop President, Janet Reading, presented representatives from each recipient organization with their donation checks. Following is a list of the 2018 recipients:
- Ann’s Heart (Code Blue Ministry)
- Baby’s Breath
- Community Health Education & Outreach
- Healthcare Access Program
- Mom’s House
- Orion Communities
- Phoenixville Area Community Services
- Phoenixville Community Health Foundation
- Phoenixville Hospital Cancer Center
- Phoenixville Women’s Outreach – The House
- Senior Adult Activity Center
- St. Mary's Franciscan Shelter
- The Clinic
- The Daniel Foundation
The Phoenixville Hospital Thrift Shop is located at 238 Church Street in Phoenixville. The shop sells clothing, jewelry, accessories, toys, housewares, and small furniture. The Thrift Shop is open on Mondays through Fridays from 1 to 4 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Donations are accepted during operating hours.
For more information about the Thrift Shop or other volunteer opportunities at Phoenixville Hospital, call 610-983-1424.